Valentine Treat Bag Topper
These easy to make treat bags are great for a Valentine’s Day party at school or at a playgroup. You can also share these little treat bags with your co workers, friends and neighbors. 1. Here is a list of the items you will need:
A. 8 x 11 inch cardstock in various colors such as pink, red, purple, etc. Any color you feel will go with a
2. Cut the colored cardstock (the red, pink and purple etc.) into 3 x inch pieces. You should be able to get at least 6 pieces from one 8 x 11 inch seat of cardstock. Fold the cardstock in half lengthwise. One half of this piece will be the front of the topper and the other half will be the back.
3. Cut the white cardstock into 1 x 3 inch pieces. You should be able to get 22 pieces from one sheet of 8 x 11 inch cardstock. You do not fold the piece of white cardstock.
4. Ink up your rubber stamp and stamp your design on the 1 x inch piece of white cardstock. Color in your design using colored pencils or markers
5. Attach the stamped piece of w ugg uk hite cardstock to the front half of the 3 x inch piece of color cardstock. If you are making these bags for a party you can write a name on the back half of the topper. Use acid free glue or double sided tape. Personally I prefer the double sided tape. It’s quicker to use because you do not have to wait for it to dry. If you use glue you will have to wait a short time until it is dry before you can finish y ugg uk our topper.
6. Fill the cellophane bag to full with candy. Leave enough room at the top of the bag to allow you to attach the topper.
7. Take the finished treat bag topper and place it over the top of the filled cellophane bag. Attach the topper using staples or brads at each end. This will keep the candy from falling out. You can use colored staples or brads that coordinate with the col ugg uk or of cardstock you are using. Most craft stores carry staples and brads in a variety of colors. If you are using brads you will need to make sure that you poke the holes through the front of the topper, both layers of the cellophane bag and through the back of the topper. Fold out the tabs of the brad and you are done!
I make these treat bags every year for my kids to take to school. Their classmates love them!
Published by Lisa Harvey
Lisa is new to Associated Content. She is a stay a ugg uk t home mom with two little boys. Her husband is Desert Storm Veteran.